Agia Anna is located within a distance of 75 kilometers away from Chalkida, by taking the road that leads to Edipsos, in a lush green area full of olive groves, plane and pine trees, springs and little streams. The village is built on the slopes of a hill and this fact is responsible for its magnificent view towards the Aegean Sea, its great climate and cool summers. It was named after the church of the same name that can be found in the area, hosting the miraculous icon of Agia Anna that is said to have saved the people of the village from a pirate attack. The spot has been inhabited since the Paleolithic age, but was built in the location that holds today in 1776.
In the surrounding area of Agia Anna there is the extended sand stretch of Angali, which is considered to among the most beautiful beaches of Evia, as well as the beach of the nearby settlement of Achladi with its small shiny pebbles. In addition, within a distance o 3 kilometers you can visit the canyon of Boulovinena, an area of great natural beauty. According to the local legend, as Boulovinena was trying to escape arrest from the Turks during the Greek Revolution of 1821, she jumped into the canyon that bares her name since then.
Agia Anna has to offer a small folklore museum with some interesting displays such as textiles, traditional apparels and tools used in agriculture. Moreover, in Agia Anna there is a famous camping site that gets crowded every summer with people of all ages.